Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My entry into the world of blogging...

Well, here it goes! My very first blog post. Many of the marketing books and articles I've been reading encourage the use of blogs. Since I hold a Marketing Coordinator position, I feel it's important to stay current with all types of marketing outlets, including social media.

If you've already read my Profile, you'll know that I work for a company called GlobalVetLINK, or GVL for short. I've been with the company for nearly 4 years now, holding positions including Customer Support, Sales and Marketing Project Specialist, and most currently, Marketing Coordinator.

Our company offers online software to veterinarians for creating and distributing digital paperwork, such as Coggins and health certificates. For those unfamiliar with the veterinary world, a "Coggins" certificate is proof that a horse has been tested for Equine Infectious Anemia. Regulations differ from state to state, but proof of this test is often required when transporting horses. Health certificates, or more correctly - Certificates of Veterinary Inspection, are issued by veterinarians as proof that they have inspected an animal or group of animals prior to shipment. We offer these products, plus others, to veterinarians across the country.

Through my blog, I plan to keep you up-to-date on the happenings at GVL, share veterinary industry news and mix it up with some personal experiences and stories. I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading your blog! Always like a good read :) Hope all is well with you and congratulations on your new position, marketing sounds like a perfect role for you.

    Miss you,

    Sarah Haidey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting to blog Kaylen!

    ReplyDelete